Thursday 20 October 2011

Stash in the Attic

All kit modellers have them, and I think we all actually love to have them.  The inevitable stash is the pile of our aspirations, of trips to shows and shops with the thoughts of 'Oh go on, its not too expensive' or 'Well I really want an X to go with my Y' or even 'Weeeeell she'll never notice at home if I get this one!'.  We have all done it for one thing or another but kits just seem so easy to keep buying.

My stash has transformed over the last couple of years, if you asked me last year what was in my stash it would have been just 1:72/1:76 German vehicles and figures.  Well its moved on quite a bit now!  I still have most of the figures and a few vehicles left but until I can find a suitable diorama or other excuse to build & paint them they will be staying where they are.  That is my 'stored' stash, kits which will not see the light of day for a while for whatever reason, but I may bring some of the vehicles out of the store if I find I have display room.

So on to my 'active' stash, all of the goodies which I have collected for immediate building. This does not include kits which I have started, they have their own pile!  (Which seems to be increasing, I must get around to getting somewhere to put these on display so I have the morale to finish them!)  The stash is as follows:

1:72 Aircraft

Revell
04375 Panavia Tornado F.3 Advance
04164 Supermarine Spitfire MkV (clipped wing) EP120 A-AE
04132 Hawker Siddeley Sea Vixen FAW.2
04338 Eurofighter Typhoon Twin Seater
04615 McDonnell Douglas F-4F Phantom II
04354 McDonnell Douglas F-15D Twin Seater

Airfix
A02017 Supermarine Spitfire PRXIX PS888
A02082A Hawker Hurricane MkI

Ark Models
72032 Westland Wessex Mk.1 (With Eduard detailing kit)

Heller
241 Arado Ar196a

Admiral
ADM7209 Supermarine Seafire F.45

1:48 Aircraft

Airfix
A05121 BAe Hawk T1
A11002 DeHavilland Sea Vixen FAW.2

Tamiya
61058 Douglas A-1H Skyraider

1:32 Aircraft

Hasegawa
JS-073 Messerschmitt Me109E (2 sets of decals extra!)

1:35 Military

Tamiya
35196 German Frontline Infantrymen (SS)
35009 Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf. F/G

Trumpeter
00401 12th Panzer Division (Normandy 1944) figures

Academy
Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H/J

There's quite a bit there to be getting on with as you can see!  I'm not one of these people who tries to put a timescale on these things, they will be done when they are done and I prefer it that way.  But which one to start first?  i think it will be the Tornado F3 or the Wessex, I'm in the mood for some Super Detailing!  Keep a lookout as I'm sure all of these will make it to the blog at one stage or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment